Variable speed generators converters
Industrilink offers a small size, flexible and cost efficient solution for connecting variable speed generators to the power grid. The main power grid voltage and frequency is normally fixed, thus, the generated voltage and frequency needs to be matched to the grid voltage and frequency.
For power generators in the voltage range 100-690VAC and frequency range 10-100Hz, Industrilink provides standard converter solutions for connection to the main grid. The converter solution can interface synchronous-, asynchronous- and permanent magnet generators.
Installing a converter in between the generator and the electrical grid overcomes many challenges related to engaging a variable speed generator into the electrical grid. The converter controls the power flow to the grid, allowing dynamic power generation over a wide voltage and frequency range.
The converters delivered by Industrilink are ready for operation, loaded with software compatible with most applications. A built-in control functionality, which is one of the most flexible on the market, makes this product adapt to almost any generator and bring cost savings to the user.
Using a converter system, the power factor will be near unity, making the reactive power consumption of the generator negligible.
Optional high environmental protection degree and varnished circuit boards enables the unit to operate in harsh environments.
Multiple converters can be paralleled for high-power generators or to increase the redundancy of a system.
Features of the converters:
- Generation at variable generator speed while the amplitude and frequency of the generated voltages remain constant.
- Optimization of the amount of power generated up to the nominal output power of the generator.
- Modular, easy to extend system
- Control of the power factor (e.g., in order to maintain the power factor at unity).
- Generator protection and supervision
- High power quality
- Heavy-duty active crowbar protection
- Wide temperature characteristics
- Automatic grid synchronization
- Low voltage ride-through
- Wide range of fieldbus communications
- Advanced monitoring tools
- Internal fault protection
- Grid supervision
VGS line ups