Converters for drilling equipment
Industrilink can provided concept development, engineering and electrical equipment for drilling drive systems.
Industrilink products are based on a broad expertise in converter systems, instrumentation and control systems as well as years of hands-on experience in the oil and gas business . The Industrilink scope of supply covers areas from conceptual development and decision-making to the delivery of complete drilling frequency converter systems.
The Industrilink drilling drives are versatile modular systems comprising of rectifier, inverter, braking chopper, cooling unit and braking resistor unit optimized for the actual application.
The drilling drives can be liquid or air cooled, the liquid cooled version is normally used where available space is restricted. The space required for liquid cooled drilling drives is significantly smaller than for the air cooled version.
With high functional safety, wide range of approvals and extensive maintenance tools, ensuring high operational quality and availability over the entire lifetime of your system.
- Clean power with total current harmonics THDi of <5%
- No need for 12- or 18-pulse transformers
- Over-dimensioning of power transformer/input cables is not required
- Regenerative braking using electrical motors
- Assignment system for reconnecting motors to different converters
- Complies with IEEE-519, G5/4 harmonic standards
- Wide range of standard options leads to increased flexibility
- Easy integration with drilling package automation systems using field bus protocols
- Simple and quick removal of power modules for service
- Software commissioning and maintenance tool including data logger and trend recorder
- ATEX approval in accordance with directive 94/9/EC. Group II , category (2) in the G area and D area.
- No need for over-dimensioning of input components, reducing costs
- Voltage boost function for maximum output power
- Braking energy can be fed back into network
- Overall investment costs reduced
- Optimal use of space
- Well-suited for retrofit projects, easily adapted to customer requirements